If you haven’t heard of Olivia Pope where have you been under a rock?! Though I myself haven’t watched a single episode of Scandal to date (don’t kill me) I definitely know about the darling damsal. She has been doing her thing stylistically for a long time and turned it on once again for the NAACP Image Awards this past weekend; where Kerry took home the Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series Award for her role in SCANDAL; Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture Award for her role in DJANGO UNCHAINED; and the President’s Award, given in recognition of special achievement and exceptional public service. Got get it Ms. Washington!
Kerry Washington who has been on a roll beauty and fashion wise for quite a long time can’t seem to get it wrong. For the festivities she donned a fabulous Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 dress which melted my little fashion heart.
Now lets talk about her hair and makeup which I always love because she is always on point with both. She had a subtle smokey eye paired with a light pink lip that just paired so well with the dress.
I was able to get the skinny on hair from celeb hairstylist Marcus Francis who utilized the amazing much raved about Carol’s Daughter Monoi line.
To get the look, Francis:
- Blow dried the hair with a round brush, adding a few drops of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to the ends.
- Flat ironed the hair from roots to ends to seal in the shine, adding in a small pump of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer after flat ironing to lock in added moisture.
- Sectioned out the top middle section, creating a clean part on either side of the head, then lightly teased a few sections at the front for height, and brushed using a Mason Pearson hair brush. Francis then blended the teased hair into the back of the head, keeping the sides clean and securing with two bobby pins underneath the hair on either side.
- With a 1 1/4″ size curling iron, Francis curled the ends of medium-sized sections and held for three seconds for added movement, brushing out to soften and break up any tendency the hair had to curl.
- Smoothed the hairline with a spritz of Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray on a toothbrush-like finishing tool. Finally, Francis sprayed the entire head and finished with a final half pump of Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer on the curled ends.