In theatrical fashion, the good people at Samsung unpacked “The Next Galaxy” to a packed out crowd of over 1500+ Bloggers, Geeks, Tech savvy New Yorkers, and Samsung enthusiasts. For this type of show certainly they’d have to be something amazing to unveil or else a lot of unhappy techies would show no mercy via social media.
Samsung Unpacked the Crowd of NYC
At first glance you think to yourself ok, well it looks the same but then your eyes are opened immediately when Samsung discusses the very specs that from an iPhone user will make me leave in ten seconds flat. Here are the ten reasons that more than likely I’ll be jumping on the Samsung Galaxy train sometime in April 2013.
13 Megapixels and Dual Camera
1. Picture, Picture, Picture! The Galaxy S4 will be packaged with 13 Megapixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag on the back and 2 megapixel in the front facing camera. Hello! It’s every bloggers sidekick and parents dream to have great camera specs on a phone. With Dual Camera feature you’ll never be left out of the picture.
2. How many of you have had cracked screens? Not me but I’ve seen hundreds of them with this screen you won’t have to worry about that. The Galaxy S4 will debut with the much rumored OLED Screen with a amazing 441ppi and a Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 display.
Super OLED 441ppi display is virtually unbreakable
3. Battery Life My life as a blogger and makeup artist is ruled by my phone’s battery life or lack there of. Between Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, handling other social media responsiblities and oh yeah phone calls my battery is usually on twenty by 3 pm. With the S4′s 2,600MAH pack, up from the 2,100 on the s3, I’m doing back flips and give me the option to have another battery; you’ve got a winner here.
4.Work and Play can now all co-exist on one device. No need for the blackberry and your smartphone cluttering up your purse anymore. With Samsung’s Knox files, emails, photos, Knox keeps all of your business things separate and safe. The ability, which Samsung says is like having two phones in one, is built on top of a security-enhanced Android developed by the U.S. government.
Health, Games, and Music Samsung plans to wow us in the accessory arena
Cases that let you see whose calling without opening the cover.
5. Slimmer, lighter, and I’m loving the accessories that will be available with launch of the S4. I need to know that my gadgets will live synergistically together and make life easier. Samsung has done a good job of making sure that will be the case this time around. (A complete fail with Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1)
Alright there is more and I’ll include that below but here is my question for you, Will you be picking up the new Samsung Galaxy S4?
For videos and more pictures go “Like” Miss Merli on FB and check me out on Instagram.
Here are the Specs:
Network 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz, 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps): up to six different band sets (Dependent on market)
- Display 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- Processor 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor
- OS Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera Main (Rear): 13 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS, Sub (Front): 2 Mega pixel camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Video Codec MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC
- Recording & Playback Full HD (1080p)
- Audio Codec MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
- Dual Camera Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call, Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, 360 Photo, Cinema Photo, Eraser, Night, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports
- Additional Features Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games, Story Album, S Translator, Optical Reader, Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON, S Travel (Trip Advisor), S Voice™ Drive, S Health, Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound, Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly), Safety Assistance, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring, Samsung KNOX (B2B only), Google Mobile Services Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Voice Search
- Connectivity WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0, Sensor Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture
- Memory 16/ 32/ 64 GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- RAM 2GB
- Dimensions 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
- Battery 2,600 mAh